I am proud to announce that I will be hosting a new iDempiere and ADempiere training class starting December 3rd. The class is designed to help business and technical professionals learn, configure and audit open source ERP to create a successful ERP launch for your organization. Anyone interested in learning more about Open Source ERP will definitely want to take advantage of this!
In this Training Session
- Learn how to install and host iDempiere in the cloud so that is scalable and always available.
- Understand how to plan a successful ERP launch.
- Learn how to configure iDempiere and ADempiere to support your industry.
- Manage products and services.
- Increase your knowledge of multi-currency accounting.
- Discover best practices for supporting efficiency.
- Extend ADempiere and iDempiere without modifying code.
- Create OSGi plugins to extend iDempiere to match your exact needs.
- Learn much more…
This class is available for $199 per month per attendee. Attendance is limited to 25 people. For more details or to sign up, click below.
Who Should Attend
- Accounting and operations professionals: Almost everything in ERP impacts accounting and operations. This training teaches you and your team how to create efficient business processes that ensure a streamlined and accurate accounting period close. The goal is to help your accounting team close accounting periods in less than 5 days.
- Technical professionals: whether you are looking to install ERP for your company or you are an aspiring ERP integrator, you will learn the tools, tips and practices to manage iDempiere and ADempiere.
How the Class Works
- I will teach two classes per week.
- At least one class per week will be functional. Examples of functional classes include: (a) Managing Business Partners, (b) allocating payments to invoices, (c) using standard costing, and (d) Order Management for Wholesale Distribution.
- One class per week will be ancillary to the ERP launch process. Examples of ancillary classes include (a) how to install iDempiere, (b) project management in an ERP launch, (c) adding new fields to a window, and (d) creating an iDempiere plugin.
- The list of training topics is long (over 10 pages of topic headings).
- It takes about 6 months for an ERP administrator to gain the core knowledge needed to organize a successful ERP launch for a specific organization.
- It takes about 1 year for an aspiring ERP integrator to gain the required knowledge to support the accounting, operational, and technical needs to support many organizations across different industries.
- You can join for as long as you wish – 1 month, 3 months, 6 months – you choose.
- Classes include topic videos, tutorials, pre-class work, online classroom discussions and homework.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a FAQ list to help you better understand how the class will operate.
About the Instructor
My name is Chuck Boecking. I have worked with Compiere, ADempiere, and iDempiere for more than 10 years. Much of my time was spent using ADempiere as the Director of Information Technology for a multi-national distributor of electronic components. I have spent the last three years teaching others how to learn, configure and audit open source ERP in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, construction, food services, webstore retail, and wholesale distribution. I have worked with many of the core iDempiere and ADempiere developers over the last few years, and I look forward to helping you get iDempiere and ADempiere up and running as quickly as possible.
I have much share, and I look forward to seeing you there!!
Why consider Open Source ERP
Open source ERP gives you every opportunity to prove or disprove its ability to support your company’s ERP needs on a timeline that satisfies your organizational needs. With open source ERP, you do not face the same financial constraints nor do you face the same conflicts of interest as with commercial ERP. Instead, you invest in the appropriate skills and knowledge for your people and processes. Best of all – if open source ERP cannot solve your company’s needs, you can safely justify spending the additional $2K to $5K per person per year for life of your commercial ERP to help drive your organization’s success.
ADempiere vs iDempiere vs Openbravo vs Compiere
The ADempiere, iDempiere, Openbravo and Compiere environments are amazingly similar. iDempiere came from ADempiere. ADempiere and Openbravo came from Compiere. Compiere came from Jorg Janke. Jorg came from Oracle. As a result, iDempiere and ADempiere have much in common with Oracle’s ERP in terms of the financial feature set.
This is both good and bad. Good because iDempiere and ADempiere are quite capable to help a company grow beyond $500M USD. Bad because they tend to be more complex in that they account for multiple languages, accounting schemas, currencies, calendars, costing types, costing methods, etc…. If you are a growing organization, and you need a system that will grow with you, and you have the right internal talent/resources, iDempiere or ADempiere will be a big asset for you.
The biggest difference between these products is that ADempiere and iDempiere are pure open source. ADempiere and iDempiere make all feature available for free. Compiere and Openbravo hold back features behind a commercial or paid license.
iDempiere and ADempiere vs OpenERP
iDempiere/ADempiere (iD/AD) and OpenERP approach ERP from two very different directions. OpenERP comes out of the box with very simple options. If you are coming from QuickBooks, and you need a simple ERP system help you manage your business, OpenERP will look and feel comfortable.
iD/AD comes out of the box with every feature installed and configured to run a $200M+ USD business. If your business is growing rapidly, and you are willing to invest the time to learn an enterprise accounting system, then iD/AD will give you confidence.
Which one is best for you depends on your internal talent, growth and business complexity. Here is a post to help you learn more.
About Chuck Boecking: I am an ERP educator. I believe that open source ERP have achieved mainstream capabilities, and as a result, more companies can create greater efficiency across their organization. I started using the iDempiere code base in 2003. Back then, it was called Compiere. In 2006, I started my first multi-million dollar installation. Since then, ADempiere has helped me create great success with distribution and manufacturing companies all over the world. My vision of success is to find companies that can best use open source ERP to help them achieve a single, global instance that drives a discontinuous increase in profitability. I believe that organizations win when they own their technology.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, let me know. I definitely want your feedback.
You can contact me by phone using 512.850.6068.
My email is email@example.com.
You can complete the form on this page.
Thank you for taking the time. I look forward to speaking with you.