Update (09/17/2013): Here is a newer post that makes installation easier and faster. It also helps you better understand how to install iDempiere for better performance and scalability.
In an previous post, I showed you how to install iDempiere if just a few minutes. The purpose of this post is to make the process even easier and faster by cutting the clutter. First, I itemize the process. Second, I show you a single command that will install and launch iDempiere. All you need is a fresh Ubuntu installation.
- Copy and paste the entire below statement to your ubuntu command prompt:
- sudo apt-get –yes update; sudo apt-get –yes install postgresql postgresql-contrib phppgadmin openjdk-6-jdk unzip htop; mkdir /home/ubuntu/installer_`date +%Y%m%d`; wget http://jenkins.idempiere.com/job/iDempiereDaily/ws/buckminster.output/org.adempiere.server_1.0.0-eclipse.feature/idempiereServer.gtk.linux.x86_64.zip -P /home/ubuntu/installer_`date +%Y%m%d`; unzip /home/ubuntu/installer_`date +%Y%m%d`/idempiereServer.gtk.linux.x86_64.zip -d /home/ubuntu/installer_`date +%Y%m%d`; cd /home/ubuntu/installer_`date +%Y%m%d`/idempiere.gtk.linux.x86_64/idempiere-server/
- sudo -u postgres psql
- \password postgres
- sh console-setup.sh
- Note: you can leave all the defaults except for the following:
- Database Type = 2 (postgresql)
- Database Server Host Name = localhost
- Database System User Password = what ever you set the postgres password above
- Mail Server Host Name = mail.dummy.com
- cd utils; sh RUN_ImportIdempiere.sh
- cd ..; sh idempiere-server.sh
- Note: you can use “nohup ./idempiere-server.sh &” if you want to disconnect and keep iDempiere running.
- Connect to your server using http://your.url:8080/webui
- Note: I left the iDempiere port at 8080 because I installed phppgadmin, which uses port 80 by default.
Another even faster option (instead of all the above) is just to issue the following command in a freshly launched aws ubuntu instance. Note the last word in the command will be your iDempiere DB password. After you see the nohup command, it will take another 4 minutes for the server to come up. After that, you should be able to connect using http://your.url:8080/webui.
- wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/ChuckSteak/aws_idempiere_install_script.sh; chmod 766 aws_idempiere_install_script.sh; ./aws_idempiere_install_script.sh s1llyw1lly
Please note that ADempiere, iDempiere and Openbravo are forks or copies from Compiere. Therefore, they have similar abilities mentioned above. The biggest difference is that ADempiere and iDempiere are pure open source. There are no features held behind a commercial or paid license.
About Chuck Boecking: I am an ERP educator. I believe that open source ERP have achieved mainstream capabilities, and as a result, more companies can create greater efficiency across their organization. I started using the iDempiere code base in 2003. Back then, it was called Compiere. In 2006, I started my first multi-million dollar installation. Since then, ADempiere has helped me create great success with distribution and manufacturing companies all over the world. My vision of success is to find companies that can best use open source ERP to help them achieve a single, global instance that drives a discontinuous increase in profitability. I believe that organizations win when they own their technology.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, let me know. I definitely want your feedback.
You can contact me by phone using 512.850.6068.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can complete the form on this page.
Thank you for taking the time. I look forward to speaking with you.